Rideau Bank Cottage Mural
Centre commercial d’Eastview, rue Montgomery.
Artiste : David Yeatman (2000)
The Rideau Bank Cottage was built in 1887. It was located on the eastern shore of the Rideau River, and belonged to James Harris, a veterinarian. The artist is depicted on the buggy exiting the barn.
At the end of the nineteenth century, vast uninhabited fields separated the village of Janeville, close to Montreal Road, from the village of Clarkstown, close to Beechwood Avenue. The Rideau Bank Cottage was located in the calm countryside!