The only sugar shack in an urban setting!
The Sugar Shack is open every weekend from 9 am to 2 pm from March to April. Please note that the Sugar Shack only has room for 42 sittings and therefore reservations are strongly encouraged in order to avoid being disapointed.
The first sugar shack was built in the Richelieu forest by the White Fathers who made syrup for their religious community. The order left Vanier in the mid-1970s, and after their departure, Action Vanier took over the tradition and built a new sugar shack. Since 2012, the Vanier Museopark has managed operations of the sugar shack. The Vanier Museopark Sugar Shack continues to carry on the tradition of maple sugar production. The sugar shack as we know it today was inaugurated in 1998. On average, we produce between 600 and 800 litres of syrup every year.
Held at the end of March/begingin of April each year, the annual Sugar Festival offers many family-friendly activities in the Richelieu forest.
A small shop offers maple products and souvenirs in the sugar shack. The sugar shack’s products are also available at the Vanier Museopark. The sugar shack can be reserved for weddings and other special occasions.
Renting the Sugar Shack – No meals
- We require a $75 (VISA) or $200 (cheque or cash) deposit.
- There is a $50 cleaning fee.
- The person making the booking is responsible for getting a liquor permit and must remain at the sugar shack.
- You can reserve the Sugar Shack no later than 9 pm.
- Applicable taxes will be added to the total cost.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Booking a musician: Maurice Auger, a well-known accordion player and singer in the community, is available to play at your event. His hourly rate is $50/hour. Please let us know if you would like more information.
|Categories||Without liquor licence||With liquor licence|
|Kitchen||$25 (plus $40 per hour to use the oven for a minimum of 3 hours)|