Take part in Ottawa’s one and only Sugar Festival!
The Sugar Festival never fails to please young and young at heart – last year, we doubled our participation record with more than 10,000 attendees. We expect this year’s festival to be even more popular given our exciting line-up of local artist and street performers.
What: 2017 Sugar Festival
When: Saturday, April 1 and Sunday, April 2, 2017, from 10 am to 3 pm
Where: Vanier Museopark’s Sugar Shack, Richelieu Park, 320 des Pères-Blancs Avenue
Saturday (10am – 3pm)
Breakfast – pancakes and breakfast sausages – starting at 10 am (first come, first serve) under the white tents – $8 adults/$5 children
Les Vanier Playboys – Zydeco Dance Music! – 10 am – outdoor stage
Les Rats d’Swompe – a musical mix of stoytelling and traditional folk music
11:30 am – outdoor stage
Bijo & Sun – folk-pop with a touch of modern country – 1 pm – outdoor stage
Sunday (10am – 3pm)
Brunch – traditional sugar shack meal – starting at 10 am (no reservations – first come, first serve) – under the white tents – $14 adults/$7 children
Bijo & Sun – 10 am – outdoor stage
The Vanier Playboys – 11:30 am – outdoor stage
Lumberjack competition – 1 pm – outdoor stage
PLUS – Public entertainers and activities all day Saturday and Sunday!
- Bubble Bounce Bouncy Castle
- Farm animal enclosure
- Street busking with stilt walkers, circus performers from le Mini Cirque, and dance shows with a local hip-hop artist.
- Crafting table with Make Sew Create and face painting for kids
- Husky sled dogs
- Horse carriage rides
- Live reptile demonstrations with Little Ray’s Reptile Adventure, and birds of prey with the Canadian Raptor Conservancy
- The Heritage Hands Ottawa Drum
- KJIJAQAMIJINU: Tales under the Tipi
From all of us at Vanier Museopark’s 2017 Sugar Festival – we look forward to hosting you in a family-friendly atmosphere!